While organizations search far and wide to meet their talent needs, a powerful solution often resides closer than they realize. Research suggests 58% increase in top talent hires and a 20% reduction in employee turnover, when employees authentically champion their company1. At the heart of this phenomenon lies a captivating Employer Brand. By leveraging the power of their alumni networks, organizations can build a robust employer brand that offers a level of credibility beyond what any traditional marketing campaigns can achieve.
Here’s how to effectively use your alumni network to build a strong employer brand:
Build a Strong Corporate Alumni Program
- Establish a Central Alumni Platform: Launch a dedicated alumni portal as the core hub for connection, resource access, event registration, and exclusive job openings. This becomes the “go-to” space for alumni and sets the foundation for further alumni engagement.
- Foster Engagement: Maintain active communication with alumni through newsletters, social media, personalized outreach, and volunteer opportunities. Offer diverse options to suit individual preferences and keep them connected to the company.
- Nurturing Loyalty: Celebrate alumni achievements, empower them to share their expertise, and cultivate a vibrant community that strengthens your brand and fosters ongoing connections.
- Continuously Improve: Track metrics and gather feedback to measure the program’s impact and identify areas for improvement. This data-driven approach ensures the program evolves over time, remaining relevant and valuable for alumni.
Discover in-depth insights with our guide, “The Ultimate 6-Step Guide to Launch Your Corporate Alumni Program.”
Make Alumni Brand Ambassadors
- Encourage Positive Advocacy: Create opportunities for alumni to share their positive experiences on social media, job boards, and review platforms. Offer incentives like referral bonuses or recognition programs to incentivize their involvement.
- Involve them in Employer Branding Initiatives: Feature alumni testimonials in your recruitment materials, career websites, and employer branding campaigns. Showcase their success stories and contributions to the company.
- Tap Alumni Expertise: Invite alumni to participate in panels, career fairs, or workshops to share their insights with potential candidates. This provides valuable first hand perspective and builds trust with your audience.
Unlock the secrets of turning former employees into brand ambassadors by exploring our article: “How to transform Ex-Employees into Passionate Brand Advocates“
Gather and utilize feedback:
- Conduct Alumni Feedback & Surveys: Regularly gather feedback on your company culture, employee experience, and employer brand perception from your alumni network. This valuable data can inform your employer branding strategy and help you identify areas for improvement.
- Address Concerns & Implement Suggestions: Actively listen to and address their concerns and suggestions. Showing that you value their input and are willing to make changes based on their feedback builds trust and strengthens your relationship with your alumni.
Utilize Alumni Networks in Recruitment Process:
- Utilize Alumni referrals: Encourage your alumni to refer qualified candidates from their networks. They’ll be more likely to recommend individuals who align with your company culture and values, leading to better hiring outcomes.
- Create Alumni-specific Recruitment Programs: Design targeted recruitment initiatives that specifically appeal to your alumni network, such as boomerang hire programs or mentorship opportunities for recent graduates.
- Use Alumni Feedback in the Hiring process: Leverage their expertise by integrating alumni suggestions into the Hiring process. This provides a unique perspective and helps assess candidates’ fit for your company culture.
Organizations can strengthen their Employer Brand by building a dynamic alumni network. Embracing former employees as valued partners fosters a sense of belonging and offers networking and professional development. This not only attracts top talent but also creates loyal brand advocates among former employees. Read our article: “Hiring in 2024: Why Employer Branding is Your Most Valuable Asset” to discover how Employer Branding can help you build an efficient Hiring strategy.
At Vaave we offer a comprehensive suite of solutions that empower People-First Organizations to build a vibrant Alumni Network. Reach out to us at email@example.com